Methanesulfonic Acid (MSA)
Methanesulfonic Acid is a strong organic acid which is highly suitable for manufacturing active pharmaceutical ingredients such as Telmisartan and Eprosartan, Angiotensin II receptor antagonists.
What are the advantages of Methanesulfonic Acid (MSA)?
- Strong, odor-free organic acid
- Virtually free of metal ions and sulfate
- Our unique manufacturing process makes the product free of chlorine and colorless.
- Easy to handle in liquid form
- Strong acid prevents the formation of oxidation products.
- Reactions at higher temperatures possible
- The excellent solubility in water enables easy phase separations.
- Decomposes to form sulfate, carbon dioxide, water and biomass