N-Methylpyrrolidone dist. (NMP) is an aprotic, highly polar organic solvent with a wide range of applications.
NMP as an aprotic, highly polar organic solvent is used in a variety of applications. These include:
- Peptide synthesis in the pharmaceutical industry
- Membrane manufacture, for example, polyvinylidene fluoride (PVDF), polyvinylpyrrolidone (PVP)
and polyether sulfone (PES).
- Lithium ion battery production
- Coatings, inks and resins
- Crop protection formulations and active ingredient synthesis
- Oil extraction processes